Wednesday, September 29, 2010

a fabric necklace...


After a fabulous holiday at the beach, I got back home keen to get back to my sewing machine and do a little project (avoid my piles of washing had almost nothing to do with it!) My little Sisi absolutely loves jewellery, and so to stop her wearing all of mine I thought I would make her a fabric tube necklace. It is a project I have wanted to try for ages and it couldn't have been easier or cheaper.


The worst part was turning the long strip of fabric inside out once I had sewn up the side. I stuffed it with some plastic beads (it doesn't matter what you use, of course, as you don't see them) and tied bits of ribbon in between. Sienna is very pleased with her spotty necklace and hasn't taken it off! I will have to experiment with a more grown up version for me now.

7 comments:

Thea said...

I love it! She looks quite please with it too. x

malflu said...

amazing and beautiful :-)))

Sandrine said...

Really cute!x

Giggleberry (Amy) said...

Super cute! Miss 2 would LOVE this!

Mimi said...

Love the colour, and very cute! xx

Flourishing Networks said...

What a great idea that is beautiful -something for the girls!! love it

Sunshine Mama said...

So pretty! I don't own a sewing machine and I don't think I'd have patience to do a pair of pants or anything (but I can sew a straight line ;), but I think I just might have to borrow my friend's machine and make this for my little girl :)