Monday, November 22, 2010

out come the boxes...


Although the Christmas decorations have been out in the shops for a while now, traditionally I am a December 1st kind of girl. I absolutely love making my home festive and usually can't wait to get our Christmas ornaments out, hang the stockings and decorate with twinkly lights. However, this year my heart is sinking at the prospect of putting up our Christmas tree knowing that we will be travelling to Brisbane mid-December for our brother's wedding and staying on to spend Christmas with our families. Because we won't be opening any presents under our tree, I am less than enthusiastic about getting the Christmas decorations out. Or, maybe I am just getting old?!

While I might be a little ho hum about adding festive cheer to the house, the excitement and enthusiasm of my two children has persuaded me the effort will be worth while. When I pulled one of the Christmas boxes out of the back of the cupboard today, there was much oohhing and aahhing and they happily occupied themselves with the contents.

So, this year, my decorations are going up earlier than normal and I will try to see things through the eyes of my children.... and not get obsessive about matching up the tops and bottoms of the Christmas stacking dolls!

5 comments:

astridadeline said...

interesting

Mystica said...

I know the feeling. This year one daughter cannot get home for christmas the other one just got married and its only my son at home. I am not feeling very enthusiastic about the decor either!

the happy sparrow said...

Hey Joy! Our Christmas decorations are up to!! Noah is loving it and I'm loving the extra festive time! I hope you have recovered now from your bump on the head :)
Love Martine

Osk and Oly's Mum said...

Am just trying to muster up the enthusiasm to start the christmas decorating myself. As I am off work this year I figured I should go all out with the decorations! Just need to get inspired now....

CALinteriors said...

cute little santas!