Tuesday, November 30, 2010

perfect pots...


I have a confession to make... there is a certain item from the grocery store that has been finding its way into my trolley each time I shop and it is not good for my hips! I stumbled across it one day while I actually had time to browse, rather than one of those trips where I just about run down the aisles grabbing things off the shelf. The 'chocolate and vanilla cheesecake" description appealed first, and then a closer look revealed that a packet contained two very cute little glass jars with the pudding inside. So, I have been building my collection week by week, buying for the squat jars rather than the contents! Mind you, it is no hardship to have to eat them first...


This is one of the ways I plan to use the jars... hanging vases for some pretty flower heads. They have a nice deep rim to secure the string and are just the perfect height for these beautiful peonies.


Please tell me that I'm not the only one guilty of buying something just for the packaging?!

12 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

You are not the first, years ago I used to buy Moccona coffee for the jars, we still have them in the shed, holding screws and nails etc and have served us very well. There is a certain lemon curd company that has a lovely slender jar with writing on it, too, that I like.

Momini said...

of course you are not alone! I buy tons of really expensive organic yoghurt only to use the pos as candle lanntern!

Mystica said...

You are never alone! we all do these things.

Raine and Sage said...

Ha! I relate! I know it's more economical to buy vinegar in a large bottle or plastic one, but love the baby bottles as such a great shape, and have the pretty leaves on them. They look gorgeous with a small posie in them.
I love these jars you're collecting. They look great how you're using them. Please direct me to the appropriate shop/section!? :)

Kimberlee said...

SOOOO justified!!! - and so much prettier than the glass jars mum used to reuse for drinking cups, remember the little vegemite jars?! - stunning x

waverider said...

I hate supermarket pasta sauce but buy one brand because they use lovely mason jars..good thing I have a teenage son who can always be relied upon to eat just about anything!

Mimi said...

I am always buying things just for the packaging! I am happy to hear there are so many of us out there! Mimi x

Brabourne Farm said...

What a delicious idea - just gorgeous! Leigh

Belle Inspirations said...

How beautifully inspirational is your blog, I am now your newest follower, I also have a new blog so please visit sometime, I hope I can send some inspiration your way!PS[ I think you've given me new insight to shopping, I think it's not the product I will now be searching for but its packaging! great inspiration!

Lee said...

Gu + peonies = gorgeous!

Paula said...

Delighted to find your blog and this is the perfect justification for excess pudding consumption.

Heidi said...

I like to buy Bonne Mamon jam from the supermarket for the same reason - I love the little gingham lids on the jars. The jam is nice too!

I use them to hold the home made playdough, my daughters hair ribbons, the button collection, and it gives me a lot of pleasure to see them all neatly lined up in a cupboard!

And of course there are all those people using the tiny glass bottles that look like mini milk bottles that come with an italian peach nectar in them.