Monday, January 10, 2011

a new look for a new year...


After three weeks visiting family in Brisbane, I returned home last night to a house still full of Christmas decorations. Our suitcases of clothes that needed washing could wait, but I had to pull down the tree and pack away the decorations the moment the kids were in bed. With a clean slate to work on, I had a lovely time this morning pottering about changing some of the cushions and creating a few new tablescapes.

Before Christmas I treated myself to two gorgeous floral cushions from Ada and Darcy's beautiful online shop - it was hard to stop at just two as I absolutely adore the beautiful colours and pretty patterns. The bird cushion in the centre is actually made from a tea towel given to me by my beautiful friend, Kym. Hand printed onto 100% linen by the talented trio behind PrintinK studio, it was far to beautiful to use to dry my dishes! Coincidentally, I have admired PrintinK's studio's designs since we had a stall next to them at the Finders Keepers Markets last year so it was an extra special gift.


I love a good interior freshen up, so tomorrow I think I will treat myself to a bunch of pink roses to complete the look. Clare tells me she has changed her slip covers on her sofas this afternoon, so maybe I'm not the only one feeling like a new look for the new year!

4 comments:

malflu said...

wonderful pillows ... feel the spring breeze already in you. Greetings

the happy sparrow said...

There is nothing quite like taking all the Christmas decorations and freshening up the house! I love your new cushions, really cheery! I hope your well and enjoying the new look for the new year! Love Martine

Brooke said...

Your certainly not the only one keen to start the new year with a fresh look. I couldn't wait to take the Chrissy decorations down and refresh the house. It's funny how we sooo look forward to the day each year when we can finally put up the Christmas decorations and enjoy the festive season, but it's not long until we can't wait to take them down and get on with the new year!

Claudia Lane said...

Welcome back Joy! Yes, I felt that way too abt my xmas decorations and when the tree went...well, I changed things around a bit - again! certain people would say but for me it's just something I love doing - Anyway love the cushion covers, love the colours, the look is just beautiful and fresh.
Thanks for sharing
Hope you're having a good week:))