Monday, February 7, 2011

rosy cheeked dolls...


I love it when Joy calls me and begins our conversation with "This morning I was bored..." because I know from experience it will end with her telling me she either had a massive cull, re-arranged a room, or got super creative ! These gorgeous dolls are the result of one of Joy's "bored mornings". She made them from her favourite felt, and worked without a pattern which I never would have been brave enough to do. My little Tilly is the lucky recipient of the dark haired little one - a very special present from a wonderful auntie.


While on the subject of dolls, this little dolly bed that Joy picked up from a market for $5 has come up a treat with a splash of white paint, a few new screws and a pretty patchwork bedspread - made on another "bored day"!


16 comments:

Laura CheBirba said...

I love it!!
Laura from Italy http://chebirba.blogspot.com

a wandering mind said...

you guys make some amazing stuff...love it!

Deb Di maggio said...

Love it she should sell these they'd make great xmas presents or just decorations. I'd buy one or three :)!!

Tapping World Summit said...

These dolls looks so lovely!

Naturally Carol said...

You are the 'lucky' sister...to be on the receiving end of all this creativity!

Liz said...

These are absolutely adorable and would be the perfect present for any little girl. She should sell them on Etsy!

Brooke said...

The dolls are so darn pretty. If everyone used their "bored" time the same way Joy does imagine how wonderful the world would be. And that bed for $5 - I really need to go thrifting!

Claudia Lane said...

You are so amazing...these are just beautiful :))

pop by my blog if you have time, am doing my first blog giveaway!!

KC said...

Can she sell some at Portside Markets? My little girl would adore them! Actually, I'd adore one!!

Danielle said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

jack & stella said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I just love, i have been looking for something this gorgeous for my pregnant friend- looks like iv just found it!
jack & stella x

Jamie said...

Is there a pattern or quick instruction for the "rosy cheek doll", I'm thinking PERFECT Christmas gift for my niece!
Thanks!

Addy Huerta said...

Do you think she would sell one to me? My baby girl would love one.

Addy Huerta said...

Do you think she would sell one to me? My baby girl would love one.

Addy Huerta said...

Do you think she would sell one to me? My baby girl would love one.

Addy Huerta said...

Do you think she would sell one to me? My baby girl would love one.