Tuesday, March 8, 2011

hurray for the hydrangeas...


I'm having one of those weeks where the days whizz by with hardly any of my to-do list getting crossed off (actually, I'm a tick-er not a cross-er, but that is beside the point!) With my washing pile growing higher by the second, more dirty dishes than my dishwasher can cope with, and the floors rapidly disappearing under toys and drawings of my very prolific little artists, I feel as though I'm on the verge of totally losing control of the housework.

Luckily for my sanity, there are still one area of calm in the house. These beautiful hydrangeas are making me happy every time I walk past them - how gorgeous is that blue and green combination? Definitely proof that the old adage that those two colours should never be seen is false.

Hope your week is so far less chaotic than mine!


7 comments:

Razmataz said...

They are beautiful...hydranges are such a great flower...fresh and dried.

Amandine said...

Here in Norway I always pick my hydrangeas from the garden after the first night of frost in October or so, that will make them keep their colour when they are dried. That also works fine for the storebought ones, I usually give the flower heads a few hours in the freezer when they start to fade and dry them out afterwards to keep them a while longer. Maybe you already knew..Anyway - enjoy them!

Thea said...

Less chaotic than your week? Probably not but I can stop and admire your beautiful hydrangeas. Love them! xx

Viera said...

I bought my last bunch for season in Rosalie Market few days ago.
Just gorgeous.
X
V

Mimi said...

Absolutely false, I love blue and green! Mimi xx

A-M said...

They are perfection. They'd make me happy too. A-M xx

A Refocused Life said...

I love hydrangeas, so I think they are fabulous. We have a florist who carries fresh, white hydrangeas year-round - only $5 for a giant bloom with leaves. He can tint them any color, but I prefer white or a very pale lime-ish green. I love having hydrangeas in my kitchen window.