Tuesday, March 15, 2011

making it pretty...


I have been feeling pretty tired lately, and I think part of the problem is that I haven't been drinking enough water. Because I know that I am motivated by pretty things, I have set up a little table with a beautiful cross-stitched tablecloth I bought at a garage sale and filled a 50 cent op-shop glass jug with cold water and a couple of slices of lemon. The aim is to go through several jug-fulls a day... and hopefully be rewarded with a bit more energy and fresher looking skin.

Making things pretty works in other areas of my life too - I always get through more of my to-do list if I write it on beautiful paper rather than an odd scrap, pretty pegs encourage me to hang out the washing rather than cram it in the dryer, and having attractive cleaning products results in a better attitude to cleaning the bathroom! What do you 'pretty up' to help you get the job done?

4 comments:

Alika said...

What a good idea! I've bought a nice glass jug and a small glass with some kawaii little bunny - for the same reason. But I didn't thought about a beautiful spot for that! I should find something pretty to put them on and make a pretty and convenient place for my water drinking.

Naturally Carol said...

Yep..a pretty teatowel always improves the mood when I have to dry dishes. Pretty cooking utensils make it easier to cook. That's a great idea though, for drinking water.

vicki archer said...

This is as pretty a reason to consume water as any I have seen....xv

Brooke said...

I find a drink bottle helps me drink more water. Of course it has to be a nice one - my fave is the Tupperware Thirst Quencher.

Sunlight improves my day, luckily I can have that in any room I'm cleaning.