Thursday, March 31, 2011

new chair and expensive hair...


Last weekend I decided to be very brave and allow my hair stylist to chop a decent amount off the length of my hair, instead of the trim I usually request. I was also feeling like a change in the colour department - most of my life I have been various shades of blonde - and so bravely decided to go darker. I love brunette hair on other people and the beautiful shine that you don't ever seem to quite get with blonde hair, but I was not at all prepared for the shock of seeing myself with dark brown hair. It is amazing how much the way your hair looks can affect your mood! When I still couldn't get used to the 'new me' after a few days I booked another appointment, and a small fortune later, I am back to the way I was. I am feeling a little guilty about making such an expensive mistake so there will be some very cheap meals (anyone fancy potatoes again?!) coming out of my kitchen this week.

So my hair might not be gorgeous, but my new chair is! It arrived today from the beautiful Mandalay Designs in Armadale, which is full of the most gorgeous homewares and fabrics. The original chair was paired with raspberry coloured cushions, but I feel I have been going a bit overboard with pink just lately, so I ordered this green instead. I love how fresh it looks paired with my Ada and Darcy lampshade and cushions.


I'm hopping on a plane tomorrow for a very quick trip back to Brisbane to catch up with family and friends. Can't wait!

9 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

Good choice getting the green. The green will make a great background for pink anyway..on cushions like the one you have there! Have fun in Brizzy too.

melifaif said...

I love that so much! Sorry about the hair fiasco!!! As much as I love blonde hair. It just does.not.work on me! So, to each their won, huh? Enjoy your travels.

The Distressed Mother said...

Beautiful chair. Looks fab with the lamp.

It is a shock when you go darker. I am enjoying mine at the moment.

TDM x

Couture and Cantankerous Cats said...

I love it so much. At least your hair returned back to its original colour!

My Little World said...

A very pretty corner.

Ann said...

Nice fabric...
green looks great on that chair and the pattern is lovely...
and the lamp looks lovely too ♥

Millie said...

Love your oh so stylish new chair Joy, as I would expect!! Don't fret too much about the hair thing, a girl's got to experiment every now & then.
Millie x

Kimberlee said...

beautiful pics darling girl! x

Flick, said...

Beautiful chair, and great choice of colour and cushions.. I have always had the same hair colour, and every time I try to change it, I go straight back again, so I hear you!!
Flick x