Wednesday, March 2, 2011

new decorating books...


It has been so lovely having Mum (Sue) around for a couple of weeks, over on holiday from Dubai. She has made lots of cups of tea, worked her way through my ironing pile, and has been a huge help with the morning rush of getting the kids off to kindergarten. Mostly though, I have just been enjoying having her around to chat to.

Although we have spent a lot of time doing mondocherry work, we have also been visiting some of Melbourne's fantastic shops and cafes. This morning we made a last minute decision to go to the one shop our men most detest....IKEA. It may not be listed in any tour guide as one of Melbourne's tops shops, but it is a useful one nevertheless. We were impressed to find these two new decorating books, "Love for Textiles" and "Beloved Homes", both full of beautiful images and inspiring interiors.


If you are anything like me, you will know how hard it is to walk through the IKEA 'market place' without adding a few bits and bobs to your trolley. This cute little green vase was just too sweet to walk past!


What ended up in your bag on your last visit to IKEA?

7 comments:

linds.eliz said...

I love that lil vase! I did not see that when I was at IKEA last :( I walked away with a magnetic bar that I hang my scissors on in my sewing room, a few picture frames, some wooden spoons, and a wok pan. Always random at IKEA, but always fun for sure! I get so caught up in those types of decorating books/blogs. I've caught the re-decorating bug!

follow? linds.eliz@ 413

Tiffany said...

I haven't been to IKEA for ages! That vintage looking flower vase is so pretty! Love to meet Brisbane bloggers, visit my blog x

Kimberlee said...

hello lovelies!! - just at the airport about to leave brissy - but wanted to say I saw the gorgeous mention you had in the current Brisbane News. congrats! x

Naturally Carol said...

It was some time ago but I got three little ceramic white vases with interesting textures on them and a georgeous glass topped desk with butterflies, flowers and ladybirds printed in black on the clear glass. It was for my daughteer but now she is overseas it's mine..at least for a while..I love it.

Bron said...

Just popped into Ikea this week and came away with a cabinet and a rug! Was able to resist the marketplace although the preschooler had a LOT of trouble prying himself away from a bat puppet!

Lovely blog :)

Kate Lewis-Driver said...

i LOVE ikea! last time i was there i bought a lovely white chest of drawers for my daughter and a plant and pot! i really need to visit again so i can check out their new books!!
Kate :)

Easy Thrills Empty Pockets said...

Oh my, Ikea will be the death of my budget! After visiting for the first time in February, I've already been back three times! But while I might mourn for my finances, our home is now looking particularly stylish with coffee tables, book shelves lamps and ornaments galore.

Love your little green vase!