Thursday, March 17, 2011

ready for the tooth fairy...


My gorgeous niece, Chloe (Clare's second eldest daughter) is 6 years old and going through the stage of losing her baby teeth. She hasn't had much luck so far - one of her teeth fell out in the ocean while she was swimming and another rolled out from under her pillow as she was going to bed and disappeared into thin air! So I thought I would send her something special for the next visit from the tooth fairy which should be any day now...


This idea for a fairy terrarium started with a champagne cork which has a great mushroom shape. I used a gathering stitch to cover the top of the cork with felt, but you could just as easily paint it. Chloe will be able to put her next tooth under the magic toadstool and leave the jar beside her bed where it will be perfectly safe until the tooth fairy comes. Just don't let her go swimming, Clare!


8 comments:

Beach Vintage.com said...

Too cute xx

Maxabella said...

What a lovely idea. It makes the tooth fairy even more special. I think she will love this. x

Melissa said...

What a lovely idea. My daughter is just going through that stage as well and has managed to leave 3 out of 5 for the tooth fairy. She would also just love this.

Naturally Carol said...

Fairies and toadstools...a perfect combination to fire up her imagination and keep that tooth safe!

Not So Average Mama said...

How creative!!!!

Brooke said...

What a thoughtful idea. Hope this one makes it into the jar. We always had to leave ours in a glass on the window sill. Less creeping around required by said fairy.

Lawrence Gilstrap said...

Sweet! That could be a great summer art project for my kids. Thanks for the idea! Hmm, you know, I'm scared of what will happen or how my kids will act the next time they lose their teeth. The last time was not that good. Their dentist in Collierville had a hard time keeping them calm during their check-up. I guess I should do more research about that.

Anya adores said...

That's just about the most magic and cute thing I have ever seen - I love a toadstool :)
A xox