Sunday, March 27, 2011

that's us in the paper...


A huge thanks to Sarah Rossiter for featuring mondocherry in her Homemade column in the Sunday Mail. The photo shows me and my 3 year old, Jemima, posing in my workroom. I have been eagerly waiting to see how it turned out as the morning the photographer came was crazy. It was the horrible hot, 35 degree day we had last week and, having been told he would turn up at 12:30, I spent the morning in my oldest dress with my hair bundled in a bun trying to do some jobs and stay cool. When the photographer actually turned up at 10:55 I panicked, trying to throw on a bit of make-up, get dressed and do my hair all the space of 5 minutes! Then he needed a desk lamp turned on, so I was on my hands and knees under the table trying to plug it in and not get too dishevelled. While the camera was snapping away I was getting knocks on the door, the phone was ringing and I trying to stop my toddler from standing up in her high chair. No wonder my smile looks a bit forced... Bet the celebrity photo shots are easier than mine was!!!

5 comments:

Thea said...

That photo looks pretty good to me. I love that the courier mail is running all these homemade pages recently. Congrats. x

vicki archer said...

You both look gorgeous and congratulations for the feature...xv

red ticking said...

congratulations... how fun is this... a fabulous memory to share forever... xx

Millie said...

Ah, the life of celebrity is not all it's cut out to be! Warm congrats on your CM feature.
Millie x

Keren - The Brown Trading Co. said...

How fabulous and so well deserved. I love how you are all across the world and manage to do what you do with so much style and beauty!

Keren
xx