Tuesday, April 19, 2011

carrots for the Easter bunny...


This year the lead up to Easter seems to have been even busier than usual and so I am only just starting to think about doing a bit of Easter decorating. These felt carrots I sewed today are actually for the Kinder home corner (a bit healthier than the usual doughnuts and cakes that I make) but for now they look very sweet pegged up on a string along my mantlepiece and on the coffee table where they are keeping a hungry little Easter rabbit satisfied! I just hope the real Easter bunny doesn't eat too many when he comes to deliver the eggs...



7 comments:

Osk and Oly's Mum said...

they look luvly!We are busy with union jacks and royal wedding party decorations here- should get the easter things sorted first really I suppose!!!

Louie said...

They are cute!
How did you sew/make them. Did you roll the orange around the green, then wrap the cotton around. May be an idea for the kidlets next year to make ... do you think kids could make them too?
I would keep them on the mantle ;-)

Mimi said...

How cute! Your bookends look fantastic. Mimi xx

Keren - The Brown Trading Co. said...

Oh my gosh they are too sweet - I want some!!

Keren
xx

Naturally Carol said...

Georgeous...at least carrots are cheap and plentiful...let the rabbits eat for goodness sake!

Natasha said...

Your updates always make me happy! I just received a rude email from someone I don't even know but that doesn't matter any more because I just read your post! Thank you!!! Happy Easter

Millie said...

Lovely job Joy! Happy Easter to you & Claire.
Millie x