Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hamptons Home Living...


There is a gorgeous new store on Latrobe Terrace, Paddington that is a lovely mix of homewares and cafe. I visited Hamptons Home Living this morning, with my children in tow and we enjoyed our coffee and hot chocolates at a beautiful rustic table long enough to fit us all (a rare occurrence in a cafe - we usually need at least two tables!). I then managed a quick browse through the retail part of the shop which is delightfully arranged into a living room, dining room and bedroom so casually elegant that you just want to move straight in! Owners Tania and Luke couldn't have been more welcoming and with lots of other gorgeous linens, furniture and accessories (including some of my very favourite brands such as Bungalow and Murchinson Hume) I will be visiting often. Tania has just started a blog here where she is going to post photos of the shop's before and after, so pop over and say Hi. Here are some photos of Hamptons Home Living from my visit today...

I have my eye on this day bed for the new extension we are planning...


Fancy a cup of tea in bed? You would wake up happy to see such gorgeous aquas...


I have always wanted one of these bookcases with a ladder, although possibly I would spend all my time telling children off for sliding along it! Love the linen curtains and the lamp too...


Just beautiful...


Any armoire this beautiful should have its doors wide open...


If you haven't visited Paddington before make sure you put aside at least a morning to fully explore this shopping strip. My advice is to park at one end and walk between all the shops -that way you can justify at least two coffee stops in between all the beautiful homeware, clothing and vintage shops!


3 comments:

Karyn said...

I must come up from the coast to visit ! This store looks just my cup of tea.
We have book shelves with a ladder ,I tell the kids its not a real ladder , its just pretend to look at . So far , (knock on wood )18 months later they havent stepped foot on it.
Trouble is I can only put not very often used items at the top & climb up at night to dust.
Karyn x

Keren - The Brown Trading Co. said...

Oh I'm so glad you popped up to Hamptons. How gorgeous is the store and the cafe? Tania and Luke are the most beautiful hosts.

It's my new local and I don't even live in Paddington hehehe.

Keren

xx

PS. love your images of the store

Kellie Collis said...

These are gorgeous! I'm loving the daybed too! Enjoy the wonderful day, Kellie xx