Thursday, April 28, 2011

my flower-less table setting...



Easter lunch for the extended family still in Brisbane is traditionally held at our house and I usually have ideas buzzing around in my head for weeks before as to how I would like to decorate for it. This year I had been ill in the week or so before and so, frustratingly, hadn't had the energy to act on any of my ideas. My perfectionist self couldn't let the occasion go by without making some sort of effort so, as I didn't have any flowers in the house or garden, my bigger girls and I decided on a green theme. They had a great time collecting green vases, bottles, and bits and bobs from around the house which we arranged on an old grain sack in the centre of the table (actually three tables pushed together in order to seat 16). They then cut stems from different plants/weeds from around the garden and "arranged" them in glass jugs and vases. You can probably see the lavender beautifully stuffed into the tiny vase by my three year old! All that green looked a little boring so we added some aqua and turquoise to brighten the setting up. I managed to avert a major war as to who should sit where by writing names on eggs - let me tell you the aunties, uncles, Grandma and Grandad were far more popular than boring old Mum and Dad!


4 comments:

lily-g said...

Looks gorgeous!!

Mimi said...

Love the colours! A beautiful setting. Mimi xx

Keren - The Brown Trading Co. said...

Look beautiful, love the colour combination.

Keren
xx

Emma Burgess said...

Hi Clare, Hope you are feeling better now! The table looks gorgeous. Emma. xx