Monday, April 18, 2011

nail polish painted eggs...


My older girls had such fun painting these eggs with old nail polish that I found hidden away at the back of the bathroom cabinet. The colours are beautifully jewel-like and the brushes were perfect for little fingers to hold. We cut out cups from the egg carton to rest the eggs in and painted half at a time. And yes, you do see green and orange nail polish in the photo below, and no, I am not that daring! I think I purchased them from a bargain bin years ago to wear to a dress up party and they obviously escaped a few culls.





6 comments:

My Little World said...

Oh they are gorgeous! Ps. I'm a Brisbanite too :)

Thea said...

I love these. The sheen makes them look so glam. x

Naturally Carol said...

The nail polish gives a lovley shine to the eggs..probably quite tough as well..good idea!

Mimi said...

They look fantastic, as Thea said "so glam" Mimi xx

Keren - The Brown Trading Co. said...

Oh my gosh, how clever is that - love it!

Keren
xx

Shannon said...

Love it! Thanks for giving me inspiration for some Easter fun with my daughters!