Sunday, April 10, 2011

a wall of petals...


We have been very busy making different colour ways in our vintage petals design and I have been keen to see a selection hung as a group. This spot above the sofa is where I normally hang my six different coloured butterflies, and is the first thing you see when you walk in the room. I love having a mix of colours up as it allows me to be very fickle with accessories, cushions and flowers as everything matches!


Because we use original illustrations, each one of our artworks is completely unique. We back our vintage artworks with sewn squares of text from the same damaged books that we find our coloured pieces from and we find this 'grounds' the designs and provides a link with the neutrals and wood in a room. This petal design is a labour of love as it is very time consuming, but we love the finished product and get a lot of satisfaction from seeing each piece come to life.



11 comments:

My Little World said...

Very nice- I'd love to try this!

Leesa said...

looks amazing

stormygirl said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Such a beautiful combination of colours.

Beth said...

The different colours work so well when hung together.

Naturally Carol said...

They look great with your multicoloured cushions on the couch.

Mimi said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Mimi x

Ann said...

Hi Clare, all your work is gorgeous and these are divine - I'd love to buy all six! I wanted to also ask a very prying question that I could only probably ask another blogger! Is your couch an Ikea ektorp? If so, are you happy with it and does it work with a family... if it's not I apologise!! I am rather obsessively looking for new couch options that won't break the bank. Ann x

kirsch said...

i really love your work, the way you use colors its really nice

Keren - The Brown Trading Co. said...

Love the petals and yes I love the way you put all the colours together. You must have so much patience making these gorgeous creations. I'd have glue and stuff everywhere!

Keren
xx

mondo cherry said...

Hi Ann,
Yes, I do have the IKEA sofas - they have been fabulous! I have the white covers (which wash really well ) and these new grey ones which are pretty new so I haven't washed them yet.
Clare x

Ann said...

Thank you Claire - glad to hear they are so good - off to Melbourne next week and plan to trick my husband into coming and sitting on them (he hates shops and loathes Ikea!!). Ann x