Friday, May 20, 2011

a classic find...


I was very pleased to find this beautiful English cake tin in a spontaneous trip to an Op shop yesterday. I love the classic blue and white pattern (I think it is a bit of Mum coming out in me) and even the way it is slightly battered. It smells like fruit cake so it has obviously been well used! I'm not going to use it for biscuits or cake, but will probably put it on one of my shelves as part of a little vignette for a while, and then it may end up in my 'mondocherry room' storing all my spools of thread.


9 comments:

Love it like LuLu said...

Aww super sweet!! Don't you love op-shopping!

Have a fab weekend doll!

Sar xx

www.loveitlikelulu.blogspot.com

Naturally Carol said...

It looks like an ideal way of storing spools of thread very prettily!

BadgerBrock said...

It's such a wonderful find, like the design it's very intricate.


Real Estate Guide

Nina said...

Great find, I really should visit op shops more often!

Emma Burgess said...

That is a fantastic find! Well done. Enjoy your weekend Clare. Emma. xx

Letitia Linke - The White Shed said...

That is so gorgeous lucky you! Letitia x

Rebekah said...

Oh how lovely, what a score.
It reminds me of something that my Mum had I love that classic blue and white setting. I have collected a few plates like that over the years.

Romina said...

I love your blog, congratulations ! Follow me at www.miniplaceres.blogspot.com
Kisses, Romina.

vicki archer said...

Gorgeous finds....xv