Tuesday, June 7, 2011

a ruffle decoration..


It was a very chilly, rainy day here in Melbourne, perfect for settling down with a cup of tea and browsing my latest time-waster, Pinterest. If you haven't discovered this website of virtual pin-boards, with everything from interiors to hairstyles, crafts to recipes, then hop right over there after reading this post! Today I stumbled across a decoration made from cupcake wrappers and had to experiment with it straight away. Do I need one right now? No! But it was an enjoyable way to spend an hour and it would be a great way to pretty up a table for a cocktail party, wedding or other special occasion.

It was very simple to make. You just need a styrofoam ball, lots of cupcake wrappers and pins - luckily all of which were hiding in my cupboards.


Stick a pin through the centre of a cupcake wrapper and scrunch it up a bit. Then simply push the pin into the ball. Add another, and another, until they are all beautifully squashed together and you can no longer see the styrofoam.


You can visit our Pinterest Boards (most definitely a work in progress) here.


8 comments:

Leesa said...

oh oh whats your pinterest address I need to follow you - anything you ladies do I love. You started my obsession with paper craft!!

Osk and Oly's Mum said...

LOVE IT! I am definitely making one of those today!!!And I feel pinterest will also become my new obsession- like I need another blog to spend all my time looking at!!!! xx Pen xx

mrs c. said...

love pinterest and all the craft and diy ideas - i've been trying them like crazy also!!
great time wasters!!
xox

Lynne said...

Love pinterest! I just started, too and have added some images from your blog to my boards! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kerri said...

I Love this. Think I might attempt to try one over the weekend!

Porch Days said...

What a fun idea. Great centerpiece when the usual things are not available. Nancy

Steph Bond Hutkin (Bondville) said...

Totally divine Joy. And I'm totally addicted to Pinterest too. x

Sarah said...

So clever! I'd be delighted to have one of these lovelies on my mantle