Tuesday, June 28, 2011

a felt crown for my little princess...

My three year old absolutely loves dressing up and is especially fond of crowns and other head-pieces. So, when I had my stash of felt out the other day, I cut out a simple crown shape, added a bit of sparkle with beads and sequins (well quite a lot actually... can you ever have too much bling?), and made a matching cuff for my little princess. I thought about attaching the back with Velcro, but remembered how that hurts when hair catches in it, so I just sewed up the back to fit. The crown has been a huge hit and is even worn to bed - bet the real princesses can't do that!

4 comments:

vicki archer said...

She is so adorable in that precious crown....xv

Emma Burgess said...

She looks stunning, and what a gorgeous crown. Enjoy your weekend. Emma.

::little projects in style:: said...

gorgeous! i was looking online for ideas on felt crowns and spotted yours!!

thanks for the inspiration

xx
www.little-project.com

Nakia said...

I'd like to do this for my niece! This will go great with the wand and tutu I plan on making for her.