Friday, June 24, 2011

macarons by donna hay...


I have always been a fan of Donna Hay's cookbooks - the recipes I have tried are uncomplicated, don't use too many ingredients, and turn out as they should. It helps that they are beautifully styled too! So when I saw that my local grocery store had a few new packet mixes by Donna Hay, I popped one in my trolley to try. This morning, with the help of my two youngest (will I ever cook alone again?!), we made these almond macarons with chocolate filling, and they were delicious. I loved the way there was a little recipe card tucked in the box with photos of every step, although I still managed to fail the 'dropping and turning' stage - my macarons were not the perfect smooth rounds that they should be. Any tips for next time?

Joy tried one of the other mixes, the chocolate cupcakes, and they got rave reviews from her guests. Yum!



6 comments:

A-M said...

Oh how I wish we didn't have a peanut allergy in this house... those macaroons look delicious! A-M xx

Amandine said...

http://www.villaperlesukker.no/?p=676

If you scroll down a bit you will find a sheet to print out perfectly sized and shaped templates for macaroons. You place the sheet under your baking sheet and there you are! I guess it is possible to translate the site, as I'm not sure how your norwegian is...;-) This lady, Anne Brith, is a true wizard when it comes to cakes!

Kellie Collis said...

Looks delish! Enjoy the beautiful weekend, Kellie xx

Neus said...

mmm!! It looks delicious!! Have a nice week!

Tamsyn said...

Yum, I've been really tempted to try making the Donna Hay macarons, it's good to hear they taste as good as they look :)

LadyMacaron20ten said...

Thanks for sharing this post, I'm going to give the mix a try too. Wish me luck.