Thursday, June 9, 2011

through the door - petals

This 'through the door' photo is of the entrance room to my old Queenslander home. This morning I thought my little Tilly was playing nicely, but instead she had been systematically picking the petals off the geranium that grows so beautifully in this sunny spot. Cheeky little thing!

The whole family loves this room. My bigger girls spend hours sitting at the old school desk on the right drawing and writing stories. My big boys are often to be found curled up reading in the chair that is off to the left, next to an overflowing bookcase. The long pew (which actually belongs to Joy -I'm hoping she never wants it back!) hold lots of favourite items and gets constantly rearranged, sometimes by me and sometimes by the girls moving everything off to play shops or hospitals or libraries. But my favourite use of the room is when the little ones line up on the pew in the evening, half hanging out the window, waiting for Daddy to come home. I think the whole street hears their shrieks and cries of joy when they see him walking home from the bus stop!

The evidence...


The culprit...



5 comments:

A-M said...

Absolutely gorgeous! A-M xx PS You shouldn't have reminded Joy about the pew!

Anonymous said...

Awww that's so sweet, what an lovely room for children to be able to play in.

Property Search said...

Awww, that's really sweet. Now that's kinda reminds me of my little sister so cute. I have seen a house like yours it was in a property auction site,It's really nice.

ॐ Ele ॐ said...

Nice photos!
Happy Sunday,
Ele

Millie said...

Such a gorgeous post Clare, your images of busy Tilly are divine.
Millie x