Friday, August 19, 2011

straw and paper bows...

I did a day of relief teaching at my children's Kindy today and a lot of craft ideas came flooding back to me - art and craft was always one of my favourite activities. I often used to make little bows or butterflies for the collage table from straws and lolly wrappers, and these paper versions are a twist on that idea. Just concertina-fold a little rectangle of paper and thread it through a short piece of straw (use plastic straws as paper ones unravel!) You can also use fabric, tissue paper or even aluminium foil instead of paper, and get a very different look.


There are loads of ways you can use these little bows... attach them to a present, stick to a paper bag for a party take home bag, thread onto string for a garland, hang from an embroidery hoop to create a mobile, jazz up labels on boxes or baskets, or just make a whole collection of different colours and send to your kindy or pre-school for their collage table!


7 comments:

loulou said...

Hello Clare

that is all so cute and pretty.

I can imagine you might now be the director of creative services now at kindy :)

have a happy day

x
Loulou

Panic said...

Life is plenty of little cute details...

Nice day!!

Lounging with a Latte said...

Thanks for sharing that idea, such a simple and great idea. Your photos are great.

Daisy Pink Cupcake said...

Very Cute!

Kids craft ideas said...

Cute ideas for kids. love it. thanks for sharing

Karisa said...

Thanks for the idea! I'm going to use this for my gifts this year, or maybe something for my wedding...

I just wanted to let you know that I've included this in our giftwrap roundup on the FaveCrafts Blog: http://www.favecraftsblog.com/link-love-cute-gift-wrap-ideas/

Please let me know if you're ever interested in publishing your tutorials/patterns with FaveCrafts!

nakia said...

Very cute!