Monday, September 26, 2011

through the door - grey and yellow...


I love the versatility of my grey and white bedroom. I often keep the colours very neutral and just add deeper grey tones or white textured items for interest. Sometimes, though, I like to change the look by adding colour. Purples and lavenders look beautiful, pink always goes well and blue is a classic addition, but I have recently jazzed things up a bit by adding pops of yellow - perfect for spring. Grey and yellow work really well together and the white furniture and bedlinen keeps the room looking light.





Are you a serial-room-changer too? What new colours have you added to your bedroom lately?

Bed - Laura Ashley, Chest of drawers and curtains - IKEA, Grey throw - Country Road, Zinc letter - Ici et la, Bedlinen - Bed Bath N Table, Zinc heart - du Monde, Lamp base - Freedom, Lamp shades -K-Mart, Artwork - mondcherry



8 comments:

vicki archer said...

Love the dash of yellow with the grey Clare....very elegant and lovely....xv

Something Gorgeous said...

I think the secret is to keep the big price items white, like drawers and bed head. Then the room can take on a new look without the expense. The pops of yellow look great.

Tiffany said...

I love your gorgeous white room! I'm a serious room changer too. I try to keep everything neutral at the moment... oh, I added some colourful quilted bed throw and flowers x

Sandrine said...

Beeeautiful Clare!Love everything in your room:) I just did a grey white and plum shades in our loungeroom but funny enought started getting some yellow / grey fabric during my break..."Is it bad doctor?" :)lol
xx

Porch Days said...

One question. Where is your clutter? Nancy

mondocherry said...

Good question, Nancy! I try to keep my bedroom as clutter free as I can...even when the rest of the house looks as though a bomb has hit, my bedroom is usually tidy. It just keeps me sane that way.

Out of the photos, there is a biggish built-in wardrobe with all my husband's and my clothes and shoes, and I also have a few under-bed boxes with items like my winter coats, extra handbags and my "present box" filled with gifts I have bought in the sale etc. I also often have a pile of books on the floor next to my bedside table as I usually have a few different books on the go at the same time!

Clare x

le@thirdontheright said...

looks just fab and very spring - would you add a dash of pink just for the cherry blossum time of year :) le xox

kirill said...

Hello, my name is Kirill, I live in Russia, in Chelyabinsk.
Here I would like to ask you to help me, so I had a very difficult situation in life.I apologize for my English, because I write a translator.I am now 20 years old. I very much love her and want to impress her ...I work as a cook in a cafe, and I earn just 10,000 rubles. To find out how much I get translated into dollars $ 1 = 30.4 rublesI do not even have enough to eat, not to mention the fact that his girlfriend would be reduced to the cinema or a café. I feel very helpless and offense are.More on I have a loan of 70,000, I took it that would have to pay for their education.
I'm in a situation from which almost no way outIf you want to ask me better, you can contact me on Skype (kazan58@is74.ru)
Or do you want to help me even more money using webmoney (Z420111785329) at least $ 1