Friday, October 21, 2011

mod podge...

Mod Podge (an all-in-one glue, sealer and finish) has been around for a while, but I had never experimented with any until today and I can already see how it might become a little addictive. I thought I would start with a couple of quick and easy projects...

A fabric apple to dress up a cute little suitcase...

A tube of fabric, with another smaller fabric piece wrapped around to make a bow. I stiched it onto a hair clip and then used the mod podge to stiffen the bow and add a bit of shine...

Hmmm.. now what to mod podge next? I'd love hear some of your ideas...

7 comments:

tempo.dk said...

I have used it for attaching photos on the bags that I sew and knit for a while. Your projects look lovely. Bente

Osk and Oly's Mum said...

I am completely addicted to MODPODGE! I have covered shoes (ala Irregular Choice)/ garden pots/furniture/kids toys etc. It is the best glue ever for crafting...I have to try really hard not to cover everything now! Your projects look fab...happy experimenting!Love to the family xx
Pen xx

Something Gorgeous said...

Have never used it! Thanks for the tip. Love your projects. x

ally said...

Never used it but I adore your apple suitcase

Sparrow Bee Designs said...

I love it too!! fabric or paper around empty food tins are great for pencils etc... glue a few together to make a caddy. Love your blog!

Sandrine said...

I have never used it but I think it is what people use when they do "decoupage" tearing various paper to create a design onto a a surface like wood or papier mache??I also read somewhere that you can make your own diluting some glue with water...just in case you were going to modpodge the whole house lol :)Will read the uses with great interest too:) xx

simplethingstolove said...

If you search mason jars on pinterest, tinted mason jars are everywhere. Momtastic.com has a diy project on how to tint them using mod podge. Haven't tried it myself yet, however looks very pretty