Thursday, March 1, 2012

our vintage map artwork in Rowan's room...

It is always lovely to see where our products end up and so we were thrilled to see photos of one of our "Round the World" map artworks (created from an original vintage atlas) in 1 year-old Rowan's special room at his Nan Roberta's house. Roberta (from the gorgeous vintage-inspired children's wear label Rowantree designs) told us that our map artwork was the first thing she bought for Rowan's room way back before he was born! The inspiration she had was for Rowan to grow in a world that is vast, diverse and adventurous, and to understand that knowledge has no boundaries and the people are equal and unique. Such a lovely theme to base the design of a room on.

To see lots more images from Rowan's gorgeous room pop over to Bondville where it was featured. We particularly love the use of IKEA spice racks for bookshelves and the mix of old and new.


ninav said...

Thankyou for sharing...what a wonderful outlook to pass on to a child! I shall be going for a peek at some more pictures later.
I love the artwork you made & being a vintage map lover & treasure hunter (I think I was a pirate in a past life ;-) ) I have been wondering if there are any copyright issues with the recycling of vintage pictures from books? I'm only asking as I've had my own ideas using pictures but wasn't sure what the protocol is??

Rowantree Design said...

I can't believe that I have not been following your gorgeous blog, going to give myself a talking too! ! Well I am now. the whole family love the map artwork it's our favourite piece in the Rowan's room.