Wednesday, May 23, 2012

a surprising use for stylish socks...



You know you are just a little crazy when you spend an afternoon cutting up brand new socks, which is what we did today! There was method behind our madness though.... You see, we have been big fans of the knitted cups, vases and beakers that have been around the design scene for a while now, but since we can't knit to save our lives we thought we would try a cheats version using socks. It couldn't be easier to simply stretch a sock over a vase, cut off the excess and gather the bottom together. We loved these pretty socks from Cotton On Kids, but there is a sock out there to match almost any decor - Spots would be cute or you could go for a selection of chunky neutrals.

We simply gathered the cut socks roughly with a needle and thread which helped it the vase to stand straight.


 nb. for clean socks only! Let us know if you have a try!


4 comments:

Something Gorgeous said...

How gorgeous. What a great idea. Gx

vanilla1sky said...

Thank you!Great idea!

Tutus & Tea Parties said...

Oh how lovely! I knew I saved my mismatched socks for something. :) I'd love for you to stop by my Pinteresting Party and share.

Rachel Callaghan said...

Damn! I recently gave away my daughter's gorgeous striped tights that she had grown out of. They would be perfect for this. I saw a picture a year or so ago of an old floor lamp base covered in knitting. Wow it looked amazing. Inspiring post as always, thanks!! Rx