Friday, June 8, 2012

a corner of spring on a wintery day...


It is a cold and overcast day here in Melbourne but I don't mind as we are keeping warm and cozy in our heated house.  My son and I have both been struck down with the flu and feeling rotten, and while he was briefly happy drawing treasure maps, I decided to cheer myself up with a 20 minute craft project.  I used a piece of driftwood, decorative bird, some scraps of felt and a few little wooden beads.  A little corner of springtime on a chilly day.



6 comments:

Kelly Daniel said...

Thank you for giving me this. It is so cheerful. I will make some as gifts for my firends to hang in their trees.

Faygie Fellig said...

very cute

the happy sparrow said...

love the birdy branch Joy - hope your feeling better soon! :) Martine

ms.espresso said...

so pretty! It's really chilly here in Canada today, too. This project made me smile :)

Rowantree Design said...

You have made my weekend, I love it!

AVY said...

I have a hard time imagining winter right now...

/ Avy
http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com