Wednesday, July 25, 2012

a little keepsake...


Without a doubt the highlight of my 4 year old daughter's week is her ballet class.  She cannot wait for Wednesdays to roll around each week so she can put on her little pink leotard and dance with her friends. Even when we are just at home she regularly dresses up and twirls around the house.  My Sienna is about as girly as any girl can get!  I have to say I was initially apprehensive to enroll her in ballet after many years of doing ballet myself as a child and teenager with quite a strict teacher. Stepping into the dance hall for the first time with my little girl bought back some nervous memories of ballet exams etc.  However Sienna's ballet teacher is warm and nurturing and lots of fun and the girls just adore her.
 
Sienna has finally outgrown her first pair of ballet shoes so we decided to put them in a little box frame along with a photo of her first ballet class - that's my little poppet 2nd from the left, turning around! 




 
I obviously have a thing for framing little shoes as we also have a pair each of my son and daughter's first baby shoes framed in the hallway.  Such a lovely keepsake and a reminder of how quickly they grow.




7 comments:

Something Gorgeous said...

What a lovely idea. I'm going to do just that with each of my children's first soccer boots and ballet shoes. Thankyou!! I hope you don't mind! G.x

Rowantree Design said...

Sweet! And very cute photograph of your prima donna!

Los Retales de Pepe said...

Lovely pictures!!
http://losretalesdepepe.blogspot.com.es/

the happy sparrow said...

such a lovely keepsake Joy! love Martine

Kamini from Saffron Marigold said...

What a great idea. That would be pretty amazing to see all the shoe sizes after years!

Kamini from Saffron Marigold said...

Sorry about commenting twice but it got published before I could leave my info....!

ozgrkdn said...

Hi,my daughter's blog LookbookUnlimited is began broadcasting...I hope your support her:)))Have a nice day:))