Monday, July 16, 2012

making changes...



That old saying 'a change is as good as a holiday' has a bit of truth in it. While I would have preferred lying by the beach on a tropical island or exploring the lane ways of Paris, I have still really enjoyed rearranging all the furniture in my guest room around! I started off by moving the bed under the window which makes it more of a focal point.  I used my new chair for inspiration for the colour scheme and was delighted to find some of the same fabric with which I made a matching cushion. The $15 yellow shade from Target ties in perfectly and has brightened the whole room up.

I made this cushion from an vintage tablecloth that had some stains that just wouldn't come out. This was a great way to still appreciate all that beautiful embroidery.

No room is quite finished until it has some flowers. These peonies tie in with the existing artwork above it.
If you are feeling in need of a holiday, but it isn't going to happen, why not change a room around instead.




8 comments:

Millie said...

Hello you gorgeous girls - this looks fab, don't forget 3 of the sons are in Melbourne, I may need to make a booking for that lovely room!
Millie xx

Millie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A-M said...

Gorgeous Joy! A-M xx

Samantha said...

Gorgeous room, the yellow lamp shade is a lovely touch.x

Connie said...

Your room is lovely. You are inspiring me to do something in the house to change it up a bit. Every now and then a change just does a body good. I love the pillow cushion you made from the table cloth. It is simply beautiful. Thanks for sharing, Connie :)

Rhapsody and Thread said...

I totally agree and you've done a beautiful job. My favourite part is the chair. Isn't it refreshing? I rearranged the lounge room and it was much cheaper than buying something new to give the room some spice!!!

rockmelon recycled said...

lovely fresh style.

Amanda said...

I love the way you've given an old tablecloth a new way to be appreciated - gorgeous cushion and it all ties in so well together x