Monday, September 10, 2012

pleased with my find...



I found time over the weekend to visit a couple of op shops (thrift shops) which is something I love to do. I get such a thrill when I find something a bit different or special that just needs a bit of TLC. As soon as I saw this old dolly pram I just knew it was coming home with me.   I gave it a good clean and replaced the stained, torn vinyl seat and hood with some pretty fabric and it now looks very cute indeed. No 'before' photos of how shoddy it looked unfortunately - this was one of those times that I was so keen to give something a makeover that I forgot all about grabbing my camera!



3 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

I used to have one like that when I was little. It had a greeny blue vinyl seat and shade..which ripped and Mum made another just like you did!

Zara said...

This looks so familiar. I don't remember having a dolls pram though. I think I had a tricycle like this- the same wheels I think.
x

singlemumof1 said...

We also had a tricycle with the same wheels. That's the first thing I thought when I saw your pictures. But it does look so fetching with its new makeover. Very well done.