Wednesday, October 31, 2012

a felt flock...

Over the last couple of days it has finally dawned on me just how close we are getting to the end of the year and therefore to Christmas! Feeling slightly panicked I have started making a flock of felt bird decorations for our shop and am loving the way each 'grows' a personality once the sequin and bead details have been stitched on. In these colours, they won't have to be packed away after Christmas but can flutter away to a door handle or chirp together as part of a pretty mobile. 


It was only after I had taken the photo above that I realised how similar the colours were to the mondocherry artwork that lives in my daughter's room. Isn't it funny how certain colour combinations stick in your mind?




6 comments:

REread said...

lovely ...

Japolina said...

Love Love Love!

Katherine Wolak said...

I adore your birdies!! felt is so much fun to work with! :D Also, you are invited to my Christmas giveaway!

Hugs,

ross: stitch designer said...

wonderful!! I really like your birds!
an affectionate greeting
ciao
ross
firenze

BlueEyedGirl said...

lovely birds:)

Anonymous said...

Burberry Escape mark-down online.The Most ready Burberry outlet www.burberryoutlet--store.comReservation to progress close to trashy Burberry egress products online. Overlook [url=http://www.burberryoutlet--store.com/]Burberry outlet[/url] outpouring devise guard mistaken upto 70%, and not bustling shipping!