Monday, November 12, 2012

in the window - turquoise and yellow...


Our window has been looking very summery for the last couple of weeks with an turquoise and yellow theme inspired by the gorgeous Darlington chairs and a trip to the fruit shop. Yellow is such an easy way to freshen up a colour scheme and add a zingy touch - we can't get enough of it!




We arrange our shop shelving by colour and what we've noticed after being open three months (it has gone sooo fast!)  is that customers tend to walk into our shop and gravitate towards the colour that most appeals to them as though it has a magnetic force! The yellow area and turquoise/aqua area seem to be very popular. What colours draw you in?

This turquoise 3d paper artwork was in the Herald Sun's Home feature on Saturday

Yellow really is a happy colour. New cushion designs appearing on our web-shop soon!



5 comments:

singlemumof1 said...

I love the combination of turquoise and yellow, it just screams summer to me. I plan on coming and scoping out your store if I ever make my way up to Malvern in the near future and I can't wait to see what treasures you have stashed away in there.

Naturally Carol said...

I think I'd be heading straight for those sunny yellows in your shop too! Those lovely calming turquoises would be next, then I'd have to have a peep at pink. Your shop looks wonderful.

DueAlberi said...

I've just found your blog and I have to say it is very beautiful, congratulations! Love the bright colors and the way you combined them with white!
Best,
Antonia

Necla Dilek said...

renkler harika bayıldım

Designer Cupcakes said...

I'm about to open a shop & have been struggling with the colours because my favourite photo I took during a shoot is mainly yellow! I keep trying NOT to use yellow but keep going back to it, & wondered if pale teal would work, so thanks as you've shown they go well together! I must pop into your store :)