Tuesday, December 18, 2012

vintage gorgeousness...

We sneaked a quick visit to some of our favourite op shops and antique stores yesterday as a treat to  celebrate the fact that Mum is back in the country. (Hooray!) We didn't come home with much but were very inspired by the beautiful colours, gorgeous items and clever displays. Here are a few of the things that caught our eye...

A very unusual Dutch tin with the prettiest painted pattern.

We loved the colour of this old scooter.

An interesting display - an old playing card in a canning jar.

Amazing Egyptian doors in an awesome blue - Clare really, really wanted these!

Old twine in stunning colours.

We loved these succulents in old test tubes hanging from a branch.

Which one of these would have made you feel like whipping out your credit card?!


5 comments:

Rachel Callaghan said...

Oh I would love the tin!! Exquisite (and useful???). Not that that should EVER be the criteria :-) Have a fabulous Christmas, ladies. I look forward to seeing more of you and your gorgeous shop via the blog world in 2013. Rachel.

Barbara said...

OMG have just discovered your wonderful blog and all the gorgeous things you display. Will be a regular looker from now on.
Merry Christmas Barbara

Henny said...

It is amazing. The cards called:Hungarian card. I know that because I am following your blog from Hungary. :) You are so inspirational for me. I wish You a Very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

Henny said...

It is amazing. The cards called:Hungarian card. I know that because I am following your blog from Hungary. :) You are so inspirational for me. I wish You a Very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

sally b said...

would love to know where your favourite op shops and antique shops are; about to leave Melbourne for Sydney and would love to check them out...