Friday, April 12, 2013

the result of a paint tester pot...


Over the last 14 years or so this cupboard has been valuable storage  in the various homes we have lived in during that time ( 11 different houses I think at last count!) It has done duty in a study storing paperwork, a playroom holding puzzles, a dining room displaying crockery, and even in a hallway as a sort of general dumping ground. It was a super cheap buy and I remember intending to paint it from the very beginning, but just never got round to it. However, last time I was down at my local local hardware store, I impulsively picked a paint sample from the stand and had one of the tiny sample pots mixed up in this sea green colour. An hour later, and the insides of the shelves were done! I love the depth this gives the the rather deep cubby holes and the way the colour highlights the various vases and collections that I have displayed.

Now, I just need to get round to the other items on my  procrastination list - rug, plant pot, upholstery, window cleaning....



Hmmmm. Mental note: twist bottom left handle around a bit. It is funny how the camera highlights things you never notice in real life :)


Clare x

6 comments:

beachvintage.com said...

Funny about the handles, you will have me looking at mine now.

suebow said...

You have done a good job and a job well done .Love the wonky handle which gives it character .
sue

Rachel Callaghan said...

Perfect!! Adds just the right amount of colour without it being obvious. You have inspired me to try this at home. In fact - you just inspire me full stop. Always look forward to a new post from Mondocherry!! R

oneenglishteacher said...

What a beautiful color, especially because you have the glasswork inside that matches it so well.

Karrie Kaneda said...

Gorgeous! Everything is styled just perfect!

Relyn Lawson said...

Love this!