Sunday, May 12, 2013

classic blue and white...


Blue and white china and ceramics have always been one of Mum's favourite things to collect and so for a long time I steered away from them in an attempt to find my own decorating style. Over the last few years, however,  I have been increasingly adding this classic combination into my home.  My collection of blue and white vases have come mainly from op shops/thrift stores so they are not worth a lot but still manage to look great in a group. Teaming them with pink and fuchsia flowers is one of my favourite ways to display them. I have a feeling that I may be adding more and more blue and white to my home as the years go by...





Have you followed in your Mother's footsteps as far as decorating goes? Or are your homes completely different?

Clare xx

3 comments:

Barbara S said...

Pięknie tu u Was Dziewczyny!!!
pozdrawiam cieplutko

ally said...

What a pretty collection
They look lovely all together like that

LibbyP said...

My house is completely different than my mom's! She truly feels her Native heritage and decorates with handwoven fabrics, handmade vases, and earth tones. While I appreciate her decor - it is a reflection of her, and suits her - mine is completely different. Mine is thrift shop casual but elegant. I have two big inside dogs and a houseful of teens (two of whom are mine) - so almost nothing in my house was expensive. I collect blue and white. I love the colors of the sea. So my house is light and bright. Completely different than mom's!