Monday, June 17, 2013

a new collection...

I'll admit it...I'm a collector at heart! Groups of similar items displayed together make me happy. So, when I picked up a sweet little vintage silver clutch at a thrift shop, I think I secretly knew that it wouldn't be too long before it was joined by a friend. My vintage purse collection now numbers 5 after I pounced on another pretty one this morning.


I try to be very disciplined and always set myself a limit for the most I will spend and, while I could probably go online and buy a whole set, the thrill of the hunt is part of the process. I should really do some research into fabrics, clasps etc and how to date the purses, but charm and detail is really more important to me than actual worth.


I now need to find the best way to display my pretties - I pulled off my necklaces from my old rake to see how they would look but don't think that it is quite the right solution. Hmmmm. Ideas anyone?



Clare x

2 comments:

Primroses Attic said...

I love the rake . Your bags are so pretty. I would find it hard to say no.
Rosezeeta.

Lizzie R said...

You could swathe that rake in some gorgeous velvet!