Wednesday, June 26, 2013

an embroidered cushion makeover...


A little while ago I was browsing in a local Op Shop when I happened to spy the most gorgeous embroidered cushion. The cushion itself was dirty and stained, but I couldn't take my eyes of the fabulous flowers on the embroidery and so I snapped it up for just a few dollars.  It has been sitting in my cupboard waiting for a makeover (hands up anyone else with a backlog of projects hiding away somewhere!) but I finally washed, ironed and unpicked it and stitched it on to one of our signature piped linen cushions. Now all fresh and new, it has found a home on this chair and I absolutely love it!




Joy x

7 comments:

tempo.dk said...

I know what you been with backlog. You did a great job. Beautiful.

Connie said...

Oh, that cushion was way too pretty to die of old age . . . I love how you brought it back to life and made it shine. If a pillow could talk that one would be thanking you for it's new face lift.
Great Job!!!
Connie :)

Jenny said...

Beautiful! What a great find.

Rachel Callaghan said...

Love the 'upcycling'!! Looks fabulous. Rx

Márcia Carvalho de Souza said...

This pillow is really beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I love your blog!!! :)
You know this motif, with the flowers is a tipical hungarian motif?
Good choice :)

a hugarian girl

Anonymous said...

Hi, I love your blog :)!!!
Did you know, that motif, the flowers and the style, is a hungarian motif?
Good choice :)

a hungarian girl