Thursday, June 6, 2013

from A to B, via C, D and E...

Usually the time I spend in the car (like most busy Mums) is governed by the clock. I am either rushing to get to school/ballet/sport pick up or I have a very small amount of time in which to complete a long list of errands. So, I mostly travel from A to B the very shortest or quickest way possible. On the rare occasions I am driving with time to spare, I love to explore new areas or detour past some of my very favourite streets.  Here are a few things that would entice me from my usual route...

A gorgeous house. This one is just so pretty and has been carefully landscaped with plenty of the white rose bushes that Melbournites are so fond of.



A tree lined street. Particularly gorgeous in Autumn and spring.



A touch of real estate stalking. Always pretending money was no object of course!



Unusual architecture. This one is a little hard to see, but directly behind those big windows there is actually a tennis court. Obviously much more attractive than an ordinary high fence or netting but I'm not sure how practical it would be (especially the way I play!)



A beautiful park. Don't you just want to walk along that path past those Narnia lamp posts?



A stunning window display. How I wanted to take these home!


What tempts you to go the 'long way' home or detour from the quickest route?

Clare x

4 comments:

Daca said...

Nossa. Quantos lugares lindos. UMa maravilha poder ter essas belezas a deixar o dia mais bonito. No meu caminho não tem nada disso a não ser muitas casas e muitos carros e muita gente estressada.
Bjs e boa semana.

Marcela Bresolin Ozelame said...

Olá...
Com imagens lindas como estas, vale a pena pegar o caminho mais longo e aproveitar a paisagem...
Bjs

Marcela

White Petals said...

we have just moved to brisbane from melbourne and previously lived a block or so from your store. your photos in this blog have flooded back beautiful memories of our time in such a wonderful part of the world !!! hedgely dene being one of my favourite spots along with a good coffee from your neighbours !!!

Rachel Callaghan said...

Melbourne is such a beautiful city. I was there a couple of years ago and couldn't get over how gorgeous the buildings are, all the street art etc, and especially how friendly everybody was. Loved it. I will be back - and hopefully while your shop is still there! (Realistically I'm talking 10 years away, so don't be offended!!)