Thursday, April 3, 2014

a bumper harvest...



Near the end of last year we moved into a house on Victoria's beautiful Mornington Peninsular.  After years of living in an apartment in Dubai, I have really been enjoying the garden (although  I had forgotten how much time it takes to look after one!) A previous owner was obviously a keen green thumb as I have inherited a number of fruit trees including a couple of lemons, a mandarin and an grapefruit. Their bountiful produce has meant that I have had to dust off my old cook books for jam, marmalade and curd recipes. Yum! The harvest I am less sure about dealing with is the vast number of olives that we have collected from the large olive tree in the back garden. Clare and my daughter-in-law, Briohny, are experimenting with a couple of olive pickling recipes but I would love to know if you have any to recommend, or any tips on how to get the best result.



Sue x

No comments: